Monday, July 16, 2007

Our Hope

Well, we saw the geneticist on Thursday. It went pretty much how I expected it to go. He, along with a genetic counselor and 2 interns, measured and examined Sam . Sam must have piqued their curiosity. It kind of reminded me of the movie ET when he is captured by the scientists. It is pretty terrible for your child to be examined like this. I know that they are just doing their job, but I sometimes wonder if they realize how hard it is on the parents to discuss the abnormalities of their child. I guess that if God is not allowed to be in the discussion, it does make for a gloomy outlook. But don' t they know that we serve an awesome God and no prognosis is set in stone? He is our Hope and He is Sam's creator. Sam was not a slip up and He created Sam perfectly how He wanted Him to be. I have to hold on to these truths and cling to the promise that God will heal him one day, I just wish that they could comfort the parents rather than be so matter of fact. Yes, give it to me straight up, but don't forget to remind us that our children are not a mistake and that God has a wonderful plan for their lives. As you can tell, this gets me a little fired up. He told us that some of Sam's features are not like mine or Jeff's. You would think that that would be a good thing. He also thought that Sam has some type of syndrome or chromosomal abnormality. There is a new chromosome test that has been developed since Sam was born. So, they took his blood, successfully I might add, and we will know in 2-3 weeks. He seemed pretty sure that we would find something that would explain Sam's health and developmental issues. Please pray for us as we await these results. Pray that God would calm our anxious hearts.

No comments:

Sam-1 week

Sam-1 week

Sam @ 5 months

Sam @ 5 months

May 2006

May 2006
Night Before Sam's Surgery

July 2006

July 2006
Two months surgery