Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Few Steps...One Giant Leap

Today, Sam took a couple of steps. His physical therapist brought him a bag of candy and Sam wanted it sooo bad. He just kept crying and we could hardly get him to do anything. Then, Ty (his therapist) asked me to hold the candy while he held Sam. Sam was so upset that he forgot how afraid he was and walked to me like it was nothing. I could not believe it! We couldn't get him to do this again tonight but at least we now know that he can do it. Way to go,Sam! We are so excited! Whoo hoo! Oh, and he also sucked out of a straw. This is not unusual for toddlers, I know, but it is very hard for a child with a cleft to be able to do it. His speech therapist,Ms. Erin will be excited to hear about this. As you can tell, I am excited too. That's why I'm not sleeping right now. Good night!:)

No comments:

Sam-1 week

Sam-1 week

Sam @ 5 months

Sam @ 5 months

May 2006

May 2006
Night Before Sam's Surgery

July 2006

July 2006
Two months surgery