Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hopeful

Well, we got back from our little trip. Now, I'll have to admit that I am a little skeptical. It's just so different from anything that I have ever seen. The Doctor told us that Sam has a part of his brain that is not formed properly and that it is affecting most of his systems. He also asked me to hold off treating him with any growth hormones until I give it a chance. He gave me 2 different bottles of stuff to give him 3x a day. I was pretty taken back when the receptionist goes, "Oh honey! I see why you were so worried about him. He looks terrible! Oh no!Have you seen a geneticist?" I don't know how I was supposed to take that? By how it sounded, I thought I might be too late. She was very nice though. The doctor also informed me that I had a strep infection in my brain. Or as my mother-in-law thought he said was stress in the brain.:) Yes ! I do have that for sure.:) I am very hopeful that this works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff and Melanie,
I am so excited and happy to hear that you got in to see Dr. Dehaan so soon and he is going to be able to help you. I am so glad to hear that you are willing to give it a good chance. i really beleive that he is going to really help you. I have seen so many people already that he has helped. One is my brother-in-law. He was diagnosed with lyme disease in August and just the same day you went but in the morning session he was told by Dr. Dehaan he is disease free. He was in stage three of the four stages. He was in really bad shape. He is feeling so much better and he is working on a few other minor problems but had to really do this one first. He was about to give up and was getting discouraged but with all of us encouraging him and when he was on the medicine he felt alot better but after it was gone he would start to feel bad again. But each time it was less and less.
I am really praying you both will stick to it and am praying for Dr. Dehaan too.
I do know that the receptionist, Carrie, is a wonderful person and I do not beleive she said what she said to hurt your feelings or anything. Do you know that she wanted to do what Dr. Dehaan is doing but she does not the touch to do it and some people don't but she knows so much stuff and I don't know what I would of done without her helping me pass my gall stones and helping me. Melanie your amazing to take the attitude that you have and are okay with it all.
Linda shared your blog with me and I find it really amazing.
If you would like to talk to me at anytime feel free to call me. 352-622-7951 My email address is d4cmar@earthlink.net. Cindy Martin

Sam-1 week

Sam-1 week

Sam @ 5 months

Sam @ 5 months

May 2006

May 2006
Night Before Sam's Surgery

July 2006

July 2006
Two months surgery